• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7N2 Delta L Ram Voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingrsl

Registered
I have the K7N2 Delta L mobo and 2 sticks of Geil PC3500 ram. The ram says its rated for 2.6 - 3.0 volts and can do 433mhz. The mobo only gets up to 2.7 volts though. The furthest I've gotten the fsb is 207 stable. (It will run at 209 but I cant game like that) My case and cpu temps are good (29c case & 33c idle/39c load) but I wonder if its the ram voltage holding me back now. I'm using the 5.2 bios. Is there a way to crank up the ram voltage more? I've tried lowering the multiplier but it still wont run over 207mhz fsb. Here are the rest of my system specs.

Athlon XP2500+ @ 2484 (12x207)
512meg Geil PC 3500
ATI 9700 Pro
SLK800A with Vantec 80mm Tornado
SB Audigy
Klipsch Pro Media 5.1s

its your CPU, its cranked up to high, MSI did not provide enough Vcore to go above 2300MHz and even then its not 100% stable (in most cases) 1.8v will just not cut it for that big of an overclock with the barton core. back off to 200X11 or 11.5 and all should be fine, to be honest i dont even no how you got into windows

From what I have seen that is a pretty nice clock for that set up.
Was wondering what power supply you are running?
Think I maxed out my Enermax 350w.
I can't seem to get any stable gaming above the specs that I have

thx for the replies guys. I'm running at 1.8 volts on the vCore now and its stable for 24/7 use at 2484Mhz. Its just going any faster than does me in. (I know, I'm greedy.....but arent most of us that come here? LOL) I game for hours and its fine. So is there a way to crank up the vCore more then? As for my power supply. Its an Antec TruPower 430.

well the only way to get more power out of this board is to connect pins on the CPU to make the defalt Vcore voltages change you can go up to 1.85v (PS you need to set Vcore setting in bios to auto when doing this) I have not found any voltmods yet that are confirmed with the K7N2 series so .05v is all your going to get more.

Oh and if not to much trouble what is the model number on your CPU?

Everyone asks me that after finding out how far i've gotten the cpu. I was so excited about getting this one that I forgot to look before installing everything. Now I'm paranoid if i yank off the hsf and have to redo the Artic Silver 3, it wont be the same. The cpu is an OEM from Newegg. I bought it about a month ago.

Back