• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to change multiplier with this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danomite664

Ok, call me stupid, but can anyone tell me how to change the multiplier on an MSI KM2M mobo? I bought the xp2500+ with the 333 fsb, not really thinking about how the board only supports 266 fsb, so now it thinks the cpu is only a 1700. I was told that i should try to run it at 133x14 instead of the normal 166x11 and it would get about the same speed, but i dont know how to change the multiplier stuff. Thanks in advance and again, sorry for being stupid and bothering you guys.

i got it from newegg but i would prefer not to RMA anything, i already had to RMA some drives i got for my girlfriends computer, and i would liek to get this one working ASAP instead of waiting a couple weeks (if anything i may return the cpu and get the 2400 because the board is perfect for the kind of computer she wants) but does anyone else have any ideas?

Back