• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS7: Winbond 2 Diode or Winbond 2 2N3904

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TWY

Which is supposedly the correct sensor to use for the IS7 CPU temperature readout in MBM 5?

Winbond 2 2N3904 is reading almost the same as my external probe, but the Winbond 2 Diode reads the same as the Winbond Hardware Doctor.

Really... What are the two readings?
That's funny I can't get the winbond 2 2n3904 to stick.. It keeps going back to none in the selection..

From what I understand the temp readings on these boards is too high..

I'm using the Winbond diode for mine. 42 idle, 48 load(depends on the room temp)..

My room temperature is at 30°C.

2N3904 Idle: 28
2N3904 Full: 43

Diode Idle: 51
Diode Full: 62

---

Ext. Probe Idle: 35
Ext. Probe Load: 47

TWY said:
My room temperature is at 30°C.

2N3904 Idle: 28
2N3904 Full: 43

Diode Idle: 51
Diode Full: 62

---

Ext. Probe Idle: 35
Ext. Probe Load: 47
This is virtually identical to my setup same temps etc
I didnt have an external probe to use but from googling I found the 2n3904 is effectively an external probe anyway like the thermistors. The core temp is from the diode. Im guessing their sampling rate is too high causing wierd *** readings for lots of people.

I have resigned myself to this and try not to look at mbm too often (even though I have offset the diode reading by -10 to stop me freaking out. :D

No idea, OnDborder. I just selected that sensor and it started giving me the readouts. My BIOS is version 1.4.

pc9630 said:

This is virtually identical to my setup same temps etc
I didnt have an external probe to use but from googling I found the 2n3904 is effectively an external probe anyway like the thermistors. The core temp is from the diode. Im guessing their sampling rate is too high causing wierd *** readings for lots of people.

I have resigned myself to this and try not to look at mbm too often (even though I have offset the diode reading by -10 to stop me freaking out. :D

I don't use any monitoring software, unless I made some changes to my cooling setup, etc. :D

I believe it has something to do with the way ABIT calibrates the sensors. Asus P4P800 uses Winbond monitoring chip too, but it reads temps correctly. :rolleyes:

does the is7 and ic7 have the same temperature censors? because my speedfan is telling me around 42-44 idle and 58-60 load (retail cooler til water). im quite sure this is not correct
and where can i find the different censors? do i need motherboard monitor ?

max

Back