• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Had a cooling question.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NcBaller1985

This maybe a dumb question, but I figured I would ask anyway. When air cooling a case....shouldn't the CFM's going in be equal to the CFM's going out in order to get 0 air pressure or whatever???? Just wondering.

it's better to have positive pressure to avoid dust accumulation. if you have negative pressure, it sucks in more air..and dust...so if you want neg pressure, filters!! at least that's what i've read...

it doesn't really matter, but positive pressure does help dust like Jarhead7236 said.

Seems like the only way to keep the dust out would be filters. Positive pressure or not, the dust is still being drawn into the case through the intake fans, and collects in the restrictions. The dust would still collect, even with the air leaving the case, I would think.

Dust still collects in cases with positive pressure, but positive pressure avoids dust in places like around drive bay edges and other small holes away from direct airflow.

ahhh, i see. thanks for the clarification JKeefe. another recommendation is cut out the fan grills, too...they restrict air flow...

Back