• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATTN: Anyone Experiance Slow Writes With Gigaraid Chip??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Compman55

Registered
Well, gigabyte has made a change for the worst. They ditched the promise 20276 raid chip for some piece of crap ITE chip. The chip had some problems when you pair two drives and set them up in raid 0. All other scores are good except for the write speed is cut in half.

This problem is particular to all their nForce2 series motherboards, and I was just curious as to weather it applies to their intel based boards.

Im runnig it with two Seagate B 4. but i ve have no cpu at the moment, and i dont know how to measure it.

you could post in the storage section and ask about that chip... not many people come to these sections.

PS Shorten your sig. 10 lines or less, check out the forum rules;)

Ahh, just a bunch of text, no fancy pictures so it shouldn't clog up their server. The reason why they set those guidlines is so people (like me) with slow internet don't have to wait a century.

some people say that they got problems with the ite controler, others (like me) didnt have any problems. Also, the write speed score is a bit higer than the ICH5R, in my case. but that is a very hardware relate issue. i mean, is something like the corsair ram on a Gigabyte 8KNXP, they dont like each other, or like some nforce2 mothers, where they dont work with generic ram...

Compman, I'm using the ITE as a pure data RAID. Here is information I can lend, but not sure if it will help your endeavor.

HDDSpeed - 52 MB/s
HDTach - 84.6 MB/s (Quick Bench 8/M)

Which for my purposes is fine. Not about to smash my array for your nforce 2 inquiries. :beer:

Back