• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case-mod.com... can u say UNORGANIZED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-N-

ok I ordered from these people Monday night 7/7/2003. I recieve a confirmation email of my order and order number.. so far so good. Sadly that's the only good part of this story.

I get no tracking number, ever. I left for the entire day tues and wed. so on Thursday I came back and my package was sitting on the front door (funny how fedex tracking says I signed for it..). Ok so I'm all excited and open up the box to see half my stuff missing. On the invoice, some fans I ordered were highlighted and said to be on "backorder". But my thermalright slk-800A is still missing despite that. So I call them up and ask them wtf is goin on. They say fans are backordered until monday 7/14 and Heatsink was sent out yesterday (7/9). So i should recieve my heatsink friday cause we're located in the same state, CA. On friday I didn't recieve any heatsink at all. Keep in mind that the only email I ever got from these people was the very very first one on the day of my order. I call them back up and ask them for a tracking number and they say they can't get one because it hasn't even been shipped out yet, although it is packed and ready to be shipped..... (errr.....)

On monday I call them up and ask for a tracking number and.. FINALLY.. i recieve a tracking number that they were supposed to email me (even though i didn't expect any from this company, anymore). I reconfirm with him: "so it's the thermalright and the two fans right?" he says: "yep that's everything". ok good.
So I track the package and it arrives Thursday, which is today (wed. fedex said I was out, which I wasn't.) Ok so we're back in present time now. I opened my package expecting to find my brand new shiny Thermalright SLK-800A!!...... but all I find are two fans. ok NOW i'm really ****ed..... I called em up 10 mins ago except it was busy so I'm gonna keep trying.

Final thought for people: if you intend to buy from case-mod.com, know that their organization and service quality really really sucks.. their inventory control and web site status updates are extremely poor. There are frequently items that are listed in stock on the site but are really not instock (check resellerratings). Their FAQ does not apply cause it's out of date.. and they do not send any emails at all (save one, the order status one). Complete 180 degrees from newegg..

anyway enough ranting.. time to call.

I ordered one on July 1st and it says it's still processing. I sent them an email 3 days ago and said to substitute the SK-7 because I paid $18 for the AX-7 and it's currently on sale so I think that's a good deal but I haven't gotten an email.

I still don't even think my heatsink or fan shipped and I don't get why they just don't substitute the SK-7. I didn't even know the AX-7 is out of stock, I still don't know it just says processing. I have been hesitating to call because I would have to pay long distance, but enough is enough.

I haven't bought from Case-Mod.com before, but they do have a low rating for "shipping and packaging" at RR. It looks like the only thing they have going for them is their prices.

damn july 1st? you're waiting even longer than I have.. and im already frustrated.. they tend to not have very good "customer satisfaction".

I'm from LA so I guess it's still considered long distance calls to San Jose... but not cross country long distance. Even if you do call, they either don't pick up, or they pick up after what seems like 20 rings. You hear a beep beep on the other side and it's like.. ok....

anyway an update on my situation:
the guy on the other line said my SLK-800 should have shipped with my package.. but it didn't. On Fedex tracking it says my package is 1lb, but I'm kinda wonderin... wouldn't a huge copper heatsink and 2 fans weight at LEAST 1.1lb? that would make it show 2lb on fedex.com. Anyway... he said he'll call back after talking with his manager. But I'm gonna call back later, cause I won't expect any calls from them anyway.

It still says processing, this is a joke. Even if they do ship it out today, which is probably not going to happen the fastest I can probably get it is early next week which is definetly not good. They definetly lost my business.

Have you tried calling, cause if I know for a fact there in now, I'll call.

yep just called and explained to another rep my situation. He said he would ship my SLK-800 out by overnight shipping and call back in 30 mins with my tracking number... we'll see what happens though.

I guess they're curteous and they ammend their mistakes but these errors should very rarely happen and their organization needs to be a tad better as well..

Actually I am pretty much shocked. I called up and I waited like 20 rings and they guy pics up and then I tell him about my AX-7 not being in stock and all so he said 2 phone calls were placed to my house which I believe cause we've just gotten rid of the phone number I put down. Anyway he said for $7 I can upgrade to the SLK-800a and he'll ship it out today. So everything is good, hopefully I get my fan aswell.

I got the SLK900u from the site when they had that price error on it. They accepted my order but the infomation relayed to customers is horrible.

I had to email to get a tracking number. After 3 attempts I got a tracking number.

Well ended up he did call back 30 mins later with my tracking number. At least they're shipping my SLK-800 by overnight fedex, which is a good thing. I should get it tomorrow if all goes well. Then I can finally start assembling!

I ordered some various parts at the end of June for my computer at case-mod. They all came within about 4 buisness days. Once installed, i realized my Cold Cathode Fan was dead. I emailed them and everything went smooth, they said they'd ship me a new one and pay shipping both ways.
But then it stopped. They emailed me and said the part was out of stock. I checked their website a few days later and the part was in stock. I emailed them and asked them if they'd shipped it yet, and they said they had shipped it earlier that week. I just now recieved the fan today. Almost 2-3 weeks later. I emailed them 3 times in the last few weeks, and have not recieved a reply. Also, they sent me 2 new fans instead of 1, and they are a different brand. I emailed them today and asked if I can keep both the new fans so that they will match in color/brightness. I'll see if i get an email back this time.
So, they started out with excellent service, and now they have total crap service pretty much. Maybe something happened within the company, but they better get their act together it sounds like.

hmmm... i'm also somewhat dissapointed with them. i ordered the x-pider case and some rounded cables back in febuary. the company-consumer communication was scarce but at least the cables came in a couple of days, along with a big box from newegg, which was ordered the same day as on case-mod. but the case took almost two weeks to get there. sorry, but back to newegg.

I have ordered with them 2 time so far and they delivered OK for me, I live in New England too. Both times my orders where for water cooling stuff

Back