• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Desktop Board D875PBZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fishgod

This board comes with "burn-in mode" settings, a very vague collection of options in the BIOS that give you extremely limited control over the Vcore and FSB at the same time.

The max setting is 4%.

I'm wondering what kind of results those of you with this board have had? Also what kind of results when playing with the mem frequency and AGP/PCI bus speeds. Not expecting much but just interested if anyone else has tried to OC this kind of setup.

Intel D875PBZ

I would not even try with this board. It is known for its speed and stability in default mode. I am currently buildiing a system around this board because I have decided that a nice fast system that is totally reliable if best for me..

There's a couple of guys over at the Asusboards forums that are running these boards with the 4% burn in enabled. I think they're doing OK.

I 'm with Bob on this...I run my 875PBZ at default speed because I value stability over raw speed. I highly doubt that you'd ever notice a +4% difference except in benchmarks.

I have this board as well and found it to be very user UNfriendly. If any tweaks,tips, or any type of advice can be given other than BUT ANOTHER BOARD, I would appreciate it very much so.
I guess I have first to ask, Will a bios update give other features such as overclocking features or anything else that may be remotely useful. I didnt want to update it and then find it to be of no use. If bios wont help I will just sale the board and try another one.
Its late, I will check back this afternoon and ask a little more.
Thx ahead of time for the input.

See my reply in your other post.

I just noticed that you list your RAM as DDR333. Are you only running it at DDR333? Because if so, you're taking a really big hit on the performance of this board. It's designed to run DDR400 RAM in Dual Channel mode which gives you tremendous memory bandwidth that the P4 absolutely thrives on. Not to mention that, according to Intel's documentation, if you're running DDR333 on the 875/865 chipsets it will only run at DDR320 max.

Its meant to be run at default. Its really stable.Not a bad intel board at all.

I have this board. I would say it's a load of crap if you want to overclock. Otherwise it's really stable.

I manageed to get 200MHz out of this thing using ClockGen; the most I can get is 3.5GHz, but I'll have to find a way to raise the voltage to make it stay that way.

Back