• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI NEO2-LS & Corsair XMS PC3200 : no 400mhz in dual channel?!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lapino

Hey,

I just got this mainboard and I have a very strange problem. Got two sticks of Corsair XMS PC3200 C2 512mb and when I put only on of them on the mainboard, I can run the memory at 400mhz fine (tried with low and high timings). Very stable.

Now, when I put in the two sticks in dual channel mode, I can set the bios to use SPD or manual timings AND set the memory speed to be auto detected or set is manually to 400mhz

My problem is that even when I set the memory speed manually to 400mhz (tried with all sorts of timings), the pc boots but automatically puts the ram back to 333mhz

I tried other biosses, ram in other pc (runs fine there), tried swapping them around (1+3,2+4), set low/high timings but all to no avail...the bios seems to reset the speed to 333mhz no matter what

Is this a known issue? Any fixes for this?

Same problem here, I've read that the bios is just picky with the ram timings and 1:1. I have tried XMS3500C2 and it works fine in 1:1 but the 3200LL will not work at all. I'm hopeing a future bios revision will correct this. :(

Back