• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Those with Hydor L series pumps...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big B

Registered
I've just about got my setup ready for testing, but I'm running into a problem with the intake area. The part that screws down and holds in the impeller (that shaft with the propellers on it) doesn't want to stay screwed in. I've put a little silicone grease on it to keep it watertight, but it just won't stay in, and I'm about to go slap a resivoir in and drop the pump in there. However, I'd much rather not. Any help on keeping it in there would be great.

I can't believe I'm getting shirked by one little thing.

Big B said:
I've just about got my setup ready for testing, but I'm running into a problem with the intake area. The part that screws down and holds in the impeller (that shaft with the propellers on it) doesn't want to stay screwed in. I've put a little silicone grease on it to keep it watertight, but it just won't stay in, and I'm about to go slap a resivoir in and drop the pump in there. However, I'd much rather not. Any help on keeping it in there would be great.

hmmmm I have a L30...but I don't think you have to do that. Mine just turn and it locks in..never needed silicone or anything.

When I first got it...I thought of the same thing that I need glue to hold it together

I did have teflon tape on, but the thing was leaking. My dad gave me some sealant that he uses on car engines and see if that works. If not, I guess I'll be using a resivoir.

Big B said:

The impellor housing is on backwards which causes the blue part that screws on and hold it tight to bow on one side and pop back off. I had that same problem and couldn't figure it out and the screw on part just wouldn't stay on. I took the thing apart and I noticed how the impellor housing has a key fitting to fit into the main pump housing. It's like a little notch to line up with the main pump housing. Get it on upside down and that key causes the housing to sit a hair higher than it needs to be. It's easy to get them on upside down because it actually seems to look as if its on right.

That's the only gripe i have with the pump. Could of made that key fitting a little bigger so there is no possible way of getting the impellor housing on upside down.Keep it simple for us dumbies. lol :)

Back