• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing a Water Cooling system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ultimator

Registered
How difficult is it to install a Water Cooling system? Is there any site that I can go to that tells me how to install one? Also about how much will an entire system run me?

I did a search and didn't come up with answers to those questions.

Thanks in advance.

it is very easy depending on the case (if any modding is needed) and the set-up. If you have a large case where no modding is needed to get the rad in there, it is pretty simple.
as for cost, you can get a whole system for under 100 if you want to put up with a little DIY but on average a rig will run you 150 bucks...

Ahh thanks. What about chilling the water? Does the water cooling system automatically do this or do you have to buy another part?

a basic water cooling rig consists of a CPU block, a pump and a radiator (with fans).
the pumps pumps the water through the radiator, which cools the water down with fans, and then the cool water goes through the block picking up heat and it goes back to the pump and there you have it.
water chilling is differant. with water chilling, the water passes through a fridge or cooling system in order to lower the water temp to or past ambient temp for better cooling.

Up ... anyone have a link showing how to install a water cooling system?

Would be greatly appreciated. I need this before I can start ordering my parts.

There are a lot of factors that go in when you do water chilling, since the water WILL get colder than ambient. Condensation will build up, along the pipes, thus dripping water on any possible electronic parts, which would be a disaster.

Back