• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system temperature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

merlinx29

Registered
where would the system temperature sensor be on the mother board? just wondering cause my system temperature is very high ..37C seems like the NB needs better cooling

hummm never mind i found it .... its all the way in the bottom of my mobbo ... the air in my case is about 40C at the top where voltage regulator, ram and chipset are located and its at 37C at the bottom of the case am gonna have to add some fans dont like those temperature readings

The period can always help out on everything. Go nuts, even throw in a comma. :)

merlinx29 said:
hummm never mind i found it .... its all the way in the bottom of my mobbo ... the air in my case is about 40C at the top where voltage regulator, ram and chipset are located and its at 37C at the bottom of the case am gonna have to add some fans dont like those temperature readings

Are you sure your reading that right?
40C would be a 104F temp in your case...
for that to be a reasonable temp your room temp should be 90F 32C, if that is correct then not a bad thing. but if your room temp is in the 70-80F range then you may want to look into some more fans or high speed fans.
-L_P

Try taking the side panel off your case and running the computer for a while. If the temperatures drop a lot (more than 5°c) then you need to sort out the air-flow in the case.

This can be done by maybe replacing fans, or cutting away the pressed-metal fan guards on your case (those things really cut down airflow), or even go as far as cutting a hole in the top of your case, to add a chimney fan, which will take all the hot air out the top of the case.

Just out of interest, what is the temperatures in the room the computer is in? If the room is hot, then expect the computer to run a bit hotter than room temps.

Blueacid

my room gets hot because of the computer, after running for a few hour my room temp will be at around 30C

i opened the side panel and it did drop 3 degs ... am going to place a 92mm fan on my side panel blowing out

thanks for the help

Back