• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help My Poor Friend Out ^_^

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreammmatt

Hi there, my friend (who registered for a forum name, but didnt get activated yet) needs a question answered relatively soon - - here is what he asked me to ask:

I plan on upgrading my crappy Asus A7S333 into a nforce 2, and i have narrowed my search to 2 mobos, the MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR or the Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro which one would be more worth the price or are there any othe nforces with similiar features. And what woudl be a good heatsink to go with them.

heh...I told him my 2cents, but he doesnt care, he wants to hear it straight from you guys, thanx!:cool:

He can't go wrong with either board. Althought he would get a better experience out of the 8rda+ or a7n8x. On the heatsinks- cant go wrong with any of the slk's. (slk800, 900)

I would suggest the thermalright sk-7 if he has price in mind. It's a lot cheaper and you only give up 1 or 2 degrees. As far as Mobo's the three most popular seem to be the abit NF7, epox 8rda, and the asus one(can't remember the name of it).

my .02
Kent

I dont think that either the MSI or the Gigabyte nForce2 motherboard offer PCI lock...so why even bother with them?

I would suggest the Abit NF7-S Rev. 2, the Epox 8RDA+, the Chaintech Zenith, or the Asus A7N8X.

dont...all...nForce2 boards offer AGP/PCI locks? you do realize that it isnt listed as "PCI-anything" you set the PCI bus by setting the AGP speed. The AGP and PCI bus are in a 2-to-1 ratio, so by setting the AGP speed, u are setting the PCI speed. Some people didnt know that.

now he wants to know if a slk-800 (or something like it) would fit the gigabyte board

Not all of the nForce2 motherboard have a PCI lock. The boards with a confirmed PCI lock are the Abit, Epox, Asus, and Chaintech nForce boards. The ones that I know of that do not have PCi lock are the MSI, Gigabyte, and the Leadtek nForce2 motherboards.

Heh im his freind and uhh yeah im not gonna do a whole lot of overclocking so teh need for an abit would be unnecessary. i was also just looking at the aopen AK79D-400 Max im sort of leaning towards teh gigabyte though

Back