• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why are the Gemini Waterblocks so cheap at Case-Mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SemiCycle

http://www.case-mod.com/store/default.php?cPath=21_24_75

I've been keeping an eye on these blocks for a while now and the prices have remained EXTREMELY low. Everything from the cpu, gpu and chipset blocks are cheap, cheap, cheap. The only gemini block I've read about are the low and high flow spirals. They weren't bad performers. Do you guys have any idea why they are so cheap. I'm considering purchasing a NB and GPU block since they are so cheap.

Tje only thing that scares me about the blocks is the lack of an o-ring, and the clear tops.

Ill get ahold of the guy that runs it, I have him on a messenger service,

you cant just plop O-rings into a block and expect it to seal. they must be machined and whatnots first

The aluminum topped blocks have O-rings in them.

RTV silicone seals REALLY good, from personal experience.

Jon

I think they're costing less and less because as new blocks hit the market the old ones become less desirable. Much less desirable. Then the companies that bought too many waterblocks in bulk have to try to sell them off somehow.

I had been talking to guy at Gemini to get a top for my other block and he said they have not been selling to many lately so I would think its one of 2 thing
1 a way to promote them and sell more for less
2 case mods is dumping there stock and going to a new WB
As for the blocks they are good, and by far the best in cost
If your looking to get into water cooling cheap this is a good place to start

Back