• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little color....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WiteDeth

Registered
How do you guys feel about having opaque fans with LEDs within them?? I mean not only are the fans cooling the comp, but you can show off your "cool cooling" at some LAN or such. Personally looking at my fans make me very happy and say, "Look at this," then turn on my comp and watch people drop jaws in awe.

~WiteDeth

I use quad blue led fans in my front intake. They glow through the front bezel of my old alienware case and make it look pretty sweet when the lights are off. I like the look!

I think a little light is good, I dont like the guys who put so much light in their system that it draws you away from the rest of it, or it gets distracting. I usaly see one of the guys at a lan and then end up moving so that I aint bothered by a ton of light, but a little is a good thing.
I like the UV lights with the uv reflective cables, they are low light but make the inside look great, however a little dust is easily seen.
-L_P

I agree with L. The UV stuff is really nice. My case has a lot of UV stuff in it and I love it. It's not a spotlight either when I turn it on..

Cool....Well I have two green 80mm antec fans in which I shall post at a later time so that you guys can see how it looks and all of that stuff. I would also like to agree with L_P except that I have a cathode in my case, only for show off once in a while, I never leave it on or anything like that. A good example of something to bright would be MoonWolf's case, that S*** is bright!!! All blue as well...

~WiteDeth

I have a blue LED fan on my blowhole and its covered by an Unreal Tournament fan grill. It looks good but LED fans seem to be too noisey for the amount of air they move.

Back