• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird new post code

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbaerg

Registered
I'm building a new rig with an nf7-s rev2. with an xp2500. I have everything just sitting outside the case now, and I'm am getting a very odd POST code. It's a continuous series of very short beeps. I've never heard it before and can't find anything online about it. Let me know if you have any suggestions

Thanks
TOm

According to this link:http://www.efacorp.com/support/notes/980216.htm

If you are using Award Bios or Ami , your beeping sounds like a Video or memory problem.

Try a different stick of Ram or test yours in another machine. Same with your video card.

I had a bit of a problem with a brand new motherboard and it took repeated reseatings of the Video card to get it to post, but it did eventually:)

Hope this helps.

Al

Ya maximouse got that one. I think your video card isn't in all the way or the ram it bad. When I first started in computers I always had trouble pushing the video cards in hard enough, just shouve that baby in there nice and tight.

I'll try messing around with the video card. I'm pretty sure its not the RAM as when I take it all out and power up, I get the standard long single tone beep for a POST code. With this, I get a very fast very short continuing series of beeps. Weird

Tom

Back