• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comments on the Coolermaster Aero 7+ HSF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blueacid

Okay, I've been saving up for a new rig, sloowly (since other non-computer projects have drained funds)

Anyway, I was looking at heatsinks for the computer-to-be (90% sure that i'm going to go for a single-cpu AMD Barton 2800+) and I came across the Coolermaster Aero 7+

Picture:
aero7plus.jpg

And linkage

Now the comments go on about how the 'dead zone' cooling ability really makes this HSF better... is that just advertising junk or will this fan offer a good performance to noise ratio? (I am going for a quiet computer)

Any comments or suggestions appreciated. (Oh, and to save you guys the searching, on the linked site, the SLK-800 is £44.)

Blueacid

For the record £30 is around $47

Yeah, I don't think that the aero is too good. The turbine type fan interests me, and I believe that it could be better than regular rotar style fans, but as of now they suck. You'd be better off with the 800, even though it costs way more. That's really stinking expensive sheesh!

Do you think that there will be a large difference between the Coolermaster and the SLK-800?

Since £47 is a lot for a heatsink :)

HUGE!!!!

The SLK series are the best you can get at this moment. The SLK 800/800u and the SLK 900 are about the same performance wise.

I use an SLK800 with an adjustable ystech fan. I love it.

The SLK-800 will work better if you have a good fan on it, I use the Aero7 on my wifes computer and it seems to work fine. I'm not sure of overclocking with it as I don't o/c her computer any. I'll say one thing about it, its pretty quiet even at full speed, the sound it does have is unique but nothing like an 80mm whiney sound.

I have a AMD 2800+ barton 333 fsb on an asus board

my current settings are 183mhz X 12 resulting in a 2197mhz clock up from the stock 2.08.

my Aero 7+ dropped my temps from 50+ C to 38 - 42C

I can up my speed more but I have a very heavy program that puts the CPU to 100% and pushes the RAM alot and I had to turn it down some due to a couple crashes running this program.

either way I OCed the CPU and still have 8-10 degrees less heat and a CPU fan I can't hear and only running the fan at 3200 rpm

Might not do what a heatpipe can do but the areo does well and stays silent.

Last edited:
If possible, consider the Thermalright SK7. Also, if you stepped down to a 2500+, it wouldn't make any other difference other than cost.

Gautam said:
If possible, consider the Thermalright SK7. Also, if you stepped down to a 2500+, it wouldn't make any other difference other than cost.

I did wonder about the SK7, since it's a load cheaper...

Also, with a 2500+, any ideas on how good an overclock I might expect?

Lol!

So any ideas if i'd be able to overclock a 2500+ barton to roughly the same speeds as a 2800+?

Blueacid

You're getting a Barton?
Good for you, hope it hits 2.3Ghz. Where from, may I ask?

I'm looking at the 0307XPMW from Pclincs, probably my only chance at a wonder chip.

I like the design of the aero 7+, for its power to the fan it's very efficient, but not for the most extreme cooling. Like the Zalman 6000CU or whatever - looks cool, has good design features but just doesn't beat 40CFM of airflow. I could buy one of those for my Pally too.

Back