• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thats same old question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zeus

Registered
Guess what.... im someone else wanting to buy a new intel motherboard but dont know which one to get.

First off, Its gotta be a good overclocker. The board Ive got now is ok but funny in that you cant up the vcore if your using jumpers, and you can only change the pci ratios with the jumpers.
It holds me up.

My plan is this..... I wanna keep my P4a and put it into a spingdale board. When the prescott comes out ill either buy one or get a cheaper P4c.

But which Springdale do I go for?

Ive been looking at the P4P800 cos its cheap and gets nice reviews. But what is the P4P800 deluxe, and the P4P8x and P4Pe? They all seem to have the same features... so whats the difference? bar the price.

I not into networking or using all the funny options.... I just wanna quck comp for games and the net.... but I wanna overclock the balls off it. Do any of the 865 Abit boards overclock as well or better?

Many Thanks :)

look at springdale boards, Abit IS-7 or Asus P4P800
or canterwood, Abit IC-7 or Asus P4C800
the canterwood and springdale supports 400/533/800 MHz FSB's

Canterwood doesnt support the P4a does it?

Ill probably go for the Asus cos I like asus and they also have this up in the air thing about the prescott, which is more than abit have ! :)

Unless anyone thinks I shouldnt?

I am going to buy a P4c800 Deluxe friday it is smoking every board out there in almost every category

It looks like a good strong no need to upgrade for 3 years board

I´m quite happy with my p4p800 dlx board, I´ve got it running for a week now. The only thing that I know differs from p4c is that PAT is not fully enabled during OC, but it can be solved if you take a look in the threads ;)

Well, if you want Springdale and you posted in the Asus forum, then you either want the P4P800 and the P4P800 Deluxe. The deluxe has extra goodies like Firewire support and IDE RAID (but both boards have SATA RAID).

The P4PE is an older 845 board, and the P4P8X I'm not quite sure but it is definitely not Springdale.

You can also go Canterwood, and maybe Abit. In that case, your options are Asus P4P800, Asus P4C800, Abit IS-7, and Abit IC-7. All of these boards have their quirks and idiosyncracies, and you can't really go wrong with any of them.

Back