• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI k7n2g - ram settings (above 200mhz)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fubulg6000

I need to know how to do this. I know this sounds like a total n00b question (and it is), but the bios will not allow me to go above 200 whenever i try it. Is it with the timings or the ratio that will make this possible?

ps. i'm not overclocking it yet because i'm going to switch to water very soon.

I'm not at my pc right now.... (at work). But I believe you have to switch to manual settings for your memory. You can't be in performance mode for the cpu interface maybe? Just toggle those 3 three around in "advanced chipset" until you get the numbers you're trying to OC to. Nothing will be saved until you exit so no harm no foul.

WOw, i haven't done this stuff in a while, but maybe one of you gents can lend me some advice. Doesn't RAM run better on a 1:1 ratio for FSB? I ask because I know my BIOS reads 166 for the CPU fsb, and I set the the RAM to the same. Can you actually push the K7N2G up past the advertised 333fsb?
Not that I really need it, I suppose.
Thanks

Back