• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good UV reactive green fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PunkRawk911

Well, I'm looking for a good 92 mm fan that is uv reactive and glows green when exposed to UV light. Hopefully something that is clear/light green/opaque when the uv light isn't on. So far all fans I've seen like this have poor CFM/dB ratios. Also, I don't want to use one of the fans that already has a cold cathode attached to it.

Thanks.

You could also just buy a good fan and use that UV reactive paint on it. It's clear till you hit it with UV light. That way you'd get the best fan and a good glow. Not to mention you can do the insides of your case and it comes in lots fo colors.

I had thought of that, and I do actually have some UV reactive green paint like you were talking about, but most normal fans are black, and I wanted something that is clear or opaque green under normal light. I checked, and SVC actually has some that have decent specs so I think I'm just gonna go with one of those and hook it up to my sunbeam rheo if I want lower noise.

i think Ravsitar meant to get a clear fan, then paint it, not paint a black fan with green paint

Back