• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

woooo 8rda+ nb cooling mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
soon, just gotta finish off the roll of film, i'll also be posting pics of my rediculous videocard mods with ramsinks, an old amd stock cooler with a 60x25mm fan

Hey, I've got the same mobo coming in. I just received my tracking number from Newegg. I'll let yall know what revision number it is. I'll also post pics of my NB cooling mod. If the board doesn't have a SB heatsink, I'll move the NB sink there and fix an old socket 370 sink/fan to the NB.

congrats on the board brennan77, it's excellent! especially compared to the A7N8X Deluxe I had that died. I had near stable 200fsb before the mod, now it does 205 stable, i jumped to 210, it posts, but right when windows loads, it blue screens. It wouldn't even post at 210 before the mod, had to clear cmos. SniperXX, what did you mod with?

The northbridge hs doesn't fit on the southbridge, some components on the motherboard is obstructing it, you'll need to cut parts of 3-4 fins. I tried get my dad to help me with that since he has the tools, and his words were "no, you're gonna **** up your motherboard" lol

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
congrats on the board brennan77, it's excellent! especially compared to the A7N8X Deluxe I had that died. I had near stable 200fsb before the mod, now it does 205 stable, i jumped to 210, it posts, but right when windows loads, it blue screens. It wouldn't even post at 210 before the mod, had to clear cmos. SniperXX, what did you mod with?

The northbridge hs doesn't fit on the southbridge, some components on the motherboard is obstructing it, you'll need to cut parts of 3-4 fins. I tried get my dad to help me with that since he has the tools, and his words were "no, you're gonna **** up your motherboard" lol

brennan77- Enjoy these are awesome boards. I got my v1.1 when it 1st came out and its served me/OC well.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 - I busted put my dremal to fix the fins. I just angeled them by like fileing them down with the side of a reinforced cut off wheel. It now has approx 2-3mm of space. No matter how much it moves or wiggles it wont short anything. Man that alum wore down fast with my dremel. Sooo soft compared to steel cases I usually mod.

BTW: The red are the fins I angled and I ended up angleing the other one to the right just for safty measures.

EPox 8RDA Cooling Mod 027.jpg

EPox 8RDA Cooling Mod 028.jpg

EPox 8RDA Cooling Mod 029.jpg

Sorry about this size but thats the size I upload and just shrink them in my articles with Dreamweaver..

I just bent the fins on mine and forced it in with the pins bent against the metal thing in the way.. i also lapped the hs. I used AS3 and superglue on 2 corners and put heatsinks/fan on mosfets/vreg and heatsink on the little high Vdd exploding chip. I lapped my NB and stuck on an AMD HSF the same way and can hit 235 FSB now at 1.95 Vdd Vdimm at 3.19 with headroom for more Vdd i think.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
thanks SniperXX, very nice

i should have the pics ready in a few days or so

p.s. i didn't know avril folds!

Your Welcome. Yes Avril does fold! ;) :p lol. Its really just dissing her spelling, Illwillchill made it.

What did you use to fix the heatsink to the chip? This seems like the perfect opportunity to bust out my new dremal tool.

Who are you asking? Me or R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3?

Who are you asking? Me or R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3?
Either one. I'm looking for ideas to be honest. I've been out of overclocking since I got my 1800+/KT333 rig a year ago. I'm married now, in need of an upgrade, and I'm looking to overclock to give me some longevity on the cheap. In the past I've used regular thermal paste(radio shack brand-which btw is the best silicon based paste I've found) with the two corners of super glue. I was just looking to see what other people were using. Thanks for the comments. I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

i just use arctic silver thermal epoxy, it's supposed to be permanent but using the freezer trick making it brittle or heating it up would soften it enough to take off with some elbow grease

brennan77 said:

Either one. I'm looking for ideas to be honest. I've been out of overclocking since I got my 1800+/KT333 rig a year ago. I'm married now, in need of an upgrade, and I'm looking to overclock to give me some longevity on the cheap. In the past I've used regular thermal paste(radio shack brand-which btw is the best silicon based paste I've found) with the two corners of super glue. I was just looking to see what other people were using. Thanks for the comments. I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

I almost did the same thing with some of my Artic Silver (non epoxy). But for my TT Crystal Orb I just used some good ol frag tape. I used it becuse I may change it eventually and I dont care for the freezer trick much either...

Back