• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling retrofit, what to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CaptainValor

Registered
Currently I'm running a system with an Epox 8RDA+ and a Barton 2500+ with a 5400RPM TMD fan. It keeps the cpu at around 40-43 C during multiplier overclocking to 2100mhz, but the board has been finicky and I haven't been able to do any FSB o/c-ing for some PCI bus reason. Anyways, I'm looking to quiet down my system and get superior cooling thru WC. I wanna know what the most cost-effective retrofit of my existing case would be. I've been steered towards the Exos from Koolance, but I really don't wanna spend 200 bucks on just the unit and still hafta buy all my tubes and connectors in addition. I'd like to keep the total price under $150. Is that possible?

Everyone is going to tell you to build your own.It will cost you about $150 to get a 87 chevette heatercore, tubing,pump,WB,ect.. What kind of case do u have?
Ive got 87 Chevy Chevette heatercore-24 dollars
Maze4 SHD-60 dollars
Maxi-Jet 1200 pump-20 dolllars off the net
and cheap tubing from home depot-3dolllars for 10ft.
Try using the search button there is a ton of info on this topic.

I know, but I'm too lazy to wade thru all the data. ;)

I have a stardard Enermax ATX case. I think you call it a full-sized. It's not as a tall as a workstation tower, but it's not a mini-ATX either.

Back