• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone know what CFM the stock 120mm case fan is? or the db it puts out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billstuck

Does anyone know what CFM the stock Antec 120mm case fan is? or the db it puts out?

I got one of these with my case and am rather new to CPU building. I find it to be pretty dam loud, but it does move a ton of air. I can't find specs on the fan anywhere. Any ideas?

It came with my Antec 3700

wannaoc said:
If its in an Antec case chances are its an Antec fan. Follow that link and you will see it.

WOW 100CFM at 44db? I knew it pushed allot of air and it sure is loud. I've got a Vantec Stealth i want to install that is supposed to be 25db, but it only does half the air.

You guys think my temps will remain about the same if I put an intake fan with 50cfm also.

So instead of 100CFM exhaust, I'll have 50 intake and 50 exhaust

I'm not sure if that's the right fan. The Antec case says it'll only support a 120x120x25mm fan, and that one shown is 120x120x38mm.

I was looking for this same information as well, but couldn't find anything about it.

I can give you a correct answer! I recently wondered the same thing (Got an SLK3700AMB) and mailed Antec and asked!

The answer i got about spec on the included fan with mentioned case:
Erik,

Sorry about the delayed response; it's taken me a bit of time to get the information you requested. Basically, that fan is a low-speed fan runninf at around 2000 rpm, airflow 79 cfm. We don't currently sell it separately, so it's not on our website, but we are considering making it available.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to try to get you answers.

Best Regards,

David Forster
Communications Maager
Antec, Inc.

Hmmm. I just connected that fan to the MB header for the first time today and it says it's only running at 1500 RPMs. I don't know if that's accurate or not. Just telling you what it says. :)

wannaoc said:
If its in an Antec case chances are its an Antec fan. Follow that link and you will see it.

Antec doesn't make anything. The cases are usually Chen Ming, the supplies Channel Well, and the fans either Top Motor or Sunon units. Just like all other Antec products, an "Antec" fan is made by a hardware manufacturer (and there aren't really that many when it comes to fans), not a marketing machine.

If you really want to know what the fan is read the numbers off of it, enter it in google, and learn. You may have to carefully peel off the Antec sticker to see the real one below.

I just purchased that very same case too. It's loud, at first I thought it was my Thermaltake Smart Fan II until I read this post. Look like I'm going to be looking for new fans to make my PC less noisy.

FWIW, there is no other sticker under the Antec sticker, it's just blank plastic.

This fan is not that loud for the air it moves, but it could be quieter.

its not the 100 cfm for 44 dB, its basically the 120mm Smart fan running at full speed. 70 CFM @ 34dB is what the Antec site says, but I do'nt think it's that much with those annoying grilles.

Back