• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7 v2 voltage question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

OK If I can get a high multi but low fsb or a high fsb and low multi than why can't I get a high of both? I can throw my muli to 13 or 14 with lower fsb or a fsb or 220-230 with low multi. Is this causes by me power supply? I have a mulimeter somewhere but I dont know about risking possible shorting.(I read the whole post on voltage testing). Would I just stick the probe on top of one of the little copper wires around magnet thing? I have a 400w Sparkle but it was a "good ebay" deal....it is a older modle without a P4 connnector. I think that p4 connector might help but is a little spendy.

I have some cut up heatinks on my mofsets but I dont really have metal cutting bit for my dremal so they arn't very flat and are attached by some thermal tape. I also have a nice little copper heatsink attached to the sb but it also uses some thermal tape. Do you think it matters on these parts or should I opt for the superglue trick to attach them? I do have some artic ceramic. Sorry if this post isn't very coherriant :D

I am getting similar results. My board likes 10.5X238 or 11.5x229.
Running a 10.5 multi over 229 fsb is a no go. I am using a Pro Power & Cooling PSU with the voltages adjusted and a VDD mod(1.9v) so I am not sure what is causing it.

Back