• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ceramique problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FNSmyC

Registered
I applied some ceramique to my heatsink and cpu. I read the direction and watched the AS3 instructional video that somebody posted. But it was harder than I expected. In the video, they have a perfect even film of AS3 spread on the cpu. Now the ceramique seems to be real tacky and I tried my best to spread it evenly on the CPU, but it still had some streaks. Its transparent for the most part though. Anybody else have this problem?

Another thing, when I applied it to the heatsink and wiped it off with a coffee filter, when I looked at the filter afterwards it was like black. What's that all about?

Actually the first step should be rubbing it on the heat sink with a plastic baggy to spread it out. Then when you rub the ceramique on the heat sink with the filter do it until one part of the filter is covered in it, then move to another part of the filter. This also works fine with q-tips. Once you do this two or three times there should only be a dull area on the heat sink not a black or white area. Then put the drop on the CPU like it shows and attach the heat sink without touching the ceramique on the cpu until you have it positioned as well as possible. Hope it helps.

Back