• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gemini water block from case mods

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eckowear

Registered
I think this is a decent block for the price 24.99. The only problems is that it is 3/8 fitting. I only work with 1/2 fittings. What should I do??

You can use a reducer or something, like from 1/2 to 3/8. But spend the extra $$ and get a decent water block.

stryder2720 said:
But spend the extra $$ and get a decent water block.

O"I"OUEJGOWIEJG"WIEOJFW"OIJFDPOJM"FIO NWM~!~!"~?!~!

excuse me??!?

*EDIT*
the gemini block is a steal at this price
*EDIT*

Me too :D

I love my Gemini, and may never buy another block.
It looks great, the craftsmanship is top notch, and it cools very well.
And at the prices I've seen of late, you should be ashamed of yourself for not owning one or two. I might even buy some this week.

You don't really need reducers of sorts. Most watercooling tubing of the 3/8" variety can slip over 1/2" fittings, just normal inline couplers (double hose barbs) would work fine. There's also 1/4" NPT plastic hose barbs available at McMaster-Carr's website, that would be a direct replacement for the one's already on it. Just add a dab of silicone sealant to the threads.
(mcmaster.com incase you've never been, you should go look around there).

I am confused. Do you have 1/2" ID tubing, and use 1/2" OD fittings? The Gemini only comes with an option of 3/8" OD barbs?

*oops misunderstood.

Yes, you use 1/2" ID tubing with 1/2" OD fittings, and 3/8" ID tubing with 3/8" OD barbs.
The Gemini only comes in 3/8" variety.

I replaced the barbs with some from mcmaster.com and it works great. Some people think that if its not a trendy block it is no good which just isn't the case. Sure you'll get better temps with a high end WW, but if $$$ are limited then a block that is 1/3 the price that will perform within a few degrees isn't a bad choice. Not to mention the are tons of blocks that are twice as much as the gemini and don't perform close to the WW.

Oops my bad i thought the Gemini was something totally different like a diff block. Well sorry for the stupidity on my part and yes I have heard wonderful things about the Gemini.
~Peace

Back