• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do you install a slk-800a?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-N-

This is confusing... the thermalright site doesn't have very good instructions!:mad:

slk.jpg

none of the clips in the holes fit with the fan.. =/

help plz!!

Ok, calm down :D

There are those 2 metal clips that came in the box. There is also one side ont he hs where there is some engravings that say like 25, or 32, or 16. You put the wires in on both sides, depending on if ur fan hieght is 25mm or 16 or 32, and do the same ones on the other side of the heatsink.

After that, you just put ur fan on there, and pop the little metal parts onto the fan, there are some parts that like bend down into the screw holes.

If you need any more help dont be afraid to ask :)

Fold and Frag on
Brian

*edit* sorry, I read yours wrong but the hole setting for the metal clip you have on the right side of the image should be the one, if not try the one a little bit next to it...I remember that there were 2 holes close to each other...*/edit*

the clip on the left is in the the wrong set of holes, the ones in the right are in the correct set. now just pull the clips over the fan to hold it in, and you are done:)

Hehe, I love to do stuff like that :D And I also noticed he had the one ont he right side in the right area, but it may need to go into the adjacent hole or not...but hmm..I can say ive never used a smartfan2 (Thats waht it is aint it? :D) on a slk-800a...hmm it is an 80X80X25mm fan right??

Fold and Frag on
Brian

thats definitely a smart fan, and yes its 80x80x25, and the clips in the picture on the left are in the holes for 80/92x80/92x38, thats why they stick out so much.

ahh none if it fits though.. yea it's a smartfan 2.. the clips don't hook onto the fan cause it's too short, feels like im gonna break it..

But then on the left, it overhangs the fan.. so i dunno. =((

oh yea and there are NO engravings on either side either..:(

You're gonna have to pull on the clip to get it on there....it's gonna hold that fan down tight so it doesn't fall out during operation....use those guns and put that on there :) I know what you mean, it seems like it won't work, but it does trust us.

Edit: I have the ttsf 2 just like you do and it is mounted to my slk-800a(with the metal clips) as I type this to you...and make sure you use the larger clips shipped with that hs. make sure you have the air pushing down on the thermalright!

Did you try moving the pins on it to the holes in the middle, and towards the center of the hs? Towards clip part?? GL

Fold and Frag on
Brian

ahhh!! thanks people! i just stretched those pins to its limits to get it over the fan. the side of the heatsink is all scratched now :(

damn... now i have to put as3..

-N- said:
ahhh!! thanks people! i just stretched those pins to its limits to get it over the fan. the side of the heatsink is all scratched now :(

damn... now i have to put as3..

how did you scratch it?

those dang pointy mounting clips..

i had to really stretch those clips to get it in the right hole in each fin of the heatsink. but it worked

I hope it's actually making contact with the cpu.. :eek:

Back