• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We just got a CNC at work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cypher_138

I've never used one but one of the engineers said he'd teach me how. Now I can build my own WBs starting with the NB on these P4C800-E DLX. This is gonna be some good stuff when I figure it out.:D

SWEET!

I need some water blocks for my power supply, so if you need some practice projects.......:):D

Joking, of course :D

But that is very cool man: you should be able to make some pretty nice custom stuff once you get the hang of it.

Enjoy!

thats awesome! Im starting the conversion of my mill:D
do you know cad? see what program they use to run the cnc. Im guessing its mastercam, they use mastercam in most of the northern states and not in the southern states, I dont know why, thats what the dude from the local college said.

Jon

Man, I'm jealous! You've got quite an opportunity there. Have fun Cypher. :)

The CNC at our school uses featurecam. Although I don't know featurecam, I took a course through the college and learned Inventor, which can transfer files to featurecam. I just haven't got around to drawing up any wbs. :(

Scott

I'll find out the details this week. If I manage to produce any goodies I'll be sharing them. I don't know CAD now but one of the engineers is gonna teach me. And to think, I was getting ready to look for another job.

Back