• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

^^-swiftech waterblocks-^^

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenji

Registered
-what do you guys think about swiftech waterblocks?

-I am short on money, what water black, cpu and gpu, would you recomend that are cheap and are not bad (preformance, leaking, etc.)

I dont know much about swiftech waterblocks...but I hear that they are not the best. The maze4 is like $40, and the D-tek WW is going for $70. That may be a little expensive for you, so look into the Maze3 or the D-tek TC-4.

I heard alot of negative things about Gemini blocks so i am rather reluctant to try one.

I have MCW5000A (AMD version). The mounting clips are kinda weak. I have to put thicker washers on top of the clip springs to get good pressure on the CPU die.

I like Swiftech blocks. A lot. I have the MCW50 and a pair of MCW-462UH in a dual Xeon rig. Very nice indeed.

The only issue I have with the MCW50 is it just seems like it's going to leak at any moment. Never does, but still, I'd have been much happier with screw in barbs.

Installation was fantastic on the MCW50.

If I had it to do again, I'd have gone MCW5000's vs. MCW-462UH. The reason is that while the 462's are FANTASTIC blocks, it took quite a bit of modding to get them to fit my board (a LOT of capacitors in the way). They really weren't meant to go on a Socket 604 Xeon board. After quite a bit of time with a bench grinder, they now fit perfectly. :)

Back