• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ic7 + network card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shimmishim

i cant get my network card to work with my ic7

it is a linksys lne100tx

windows recognizes it but i can't seem to get an ip address to it no matter what i try

this nic worked back in december on my kt266a board :)

since then i've been using the LAN with my nforce2 boards so it's been collecting dust

windows detects the nic just fine...

any suggestions?

and yes, i installed the intel chipset drivers..

what happens if you open a console window and type "ipconfig"?

Might try doing ipconfig/release, then ipconfig/renew.

If that doesn't work, then something is going on hardware-wise.

it shows up with the 169..... ip address which i know is not a correct one...

it should be soething like 12....

i don't have another nic card laying around to try out unfortunately....

i'm hoping it's just an incompatibility with the board and nic card...

but the nic card is only like 2.5 years old..

it worked fine with my kt266 iwill board...

then once i got a nforce2 board i didn't use it anymore...

but since the ic7 has no lan i had to use this nic that's been collecting dust for the past 7 months...

i might go out to the super walmart out here and see if i can buy one and try it out....

Are you behind a router, or plugged straight into the wall.. An IP with 169... sounds like a router IP. -If you're behind a router, you might try going straight into the wall outlet, and trying again.

Did the IC7 disk come with NIC drivers? If you installed those, then maybe that's the problem (dunno if they remove the driver set for IC7 or not since it dosen't have onboard NIC).

hwo would i know if they got installed?

and how would i remove them if they were installed?

argh.. frustrating..

i have a cable modem a switch from which two computers are connected....

i'll try to see if i can connect directly to the nic and if tha tworks...

One last thing you might try is a simple reboot (if you haven't already).

If all else fails, go into the add/remove hardware section, and remove the NIC completely. Then reinstall. -shoot if that doesn't work, then I dunno.. what O/S are you using?

did you run through the connection wizard to get on the internet with MS Internet Explorer?

yes!

i've tried the connection wizard and everything

i did the ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

and nothing works !!! :(

so yeah...

do you have an IP for each of the comptuers on the switch (2 ips)..

Anyways try this..... shutdown your computer
unplug the cable modem from the wall socket for like 3 minutes... then plug it back in.. and wait for everything to connect.

then turn your comptuer on

Hi

Hi Guys , know u sorted it out , but thought of this my IC-7 had network dramas so I moved nIC from slot5? i think to slot4 and rebooted and it then found the NIC and was up and running..Just a IRQ conflict I thinks for what its worth...Cheers Spanner

Back