• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

refrigerator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrawlerZX

ok i have a mini fridge it uses some kind of square thingy to make it cool i'm thinking on using diz on my case. what do ya'll think?

It uses a peltier junction (thermoelectrics). There are people who place this right on their processors - go check out the extreme cooling forum underneath general cooling to learn a bit more :) I'm not sure how well it would work to just mount one of these through your case to dissipate heat. I would imagine for even reasonable effects, the case would need to be insulated...

This has been asked way too many times.

A) Condesation is created within a fridge - water+bare electronics=bad and naughty
B) Extreme Cooling would probably be the best place to inquire about this, as said
C)Search function works wonders.. Mini Fridge would get you lots of results within Cooling.

Well, I used to use a minifridge for cooling.

Need more info:

Is is thermoelectric or phase change. Is their a comporessor that runs and tubes, or just wires and a heatsink.

If its wires and a heatsink, its uselss. Its a pelt (usefull), but far to weak to use on a proc.

If its phase change, you can make a waterchiller with it.

Yes, if your temps go much below ambient, you will get condensation. If this happens, you must make an airtight seal around any part that is getting cold. I cannot stress that enough. If it is not airtight, you WILL be in a world of pain :D

Back