• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Test Pics (56k Beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InsaneO/cer

Registered
My Block finally arrived after waiting about 2 cause cooltechnia forgot to ship it out. I was thrilled when it came here cause everything was all drilled out, tubes on the Rad, Pump and reservoir. I hooked up the block and was on my way to testing! or so i thought. I turned on the pump hoping that the pump was strong to suck water out of the reservoir but boy, i was wrong. I then took of the tubeing leading from the pump to the block which is shown in the picture below. I then put a funnel into the tubing and started to fill the tube up with water and the pump as well. Of coarse i had to blow on the tube to make the water flow into the pump. After doing that i was underway to testing. Everything look great until i found a leak where the tube meant the pump for the waterblock. I fixed that by tightening the clamp and the problem was settled. After that everything worked great. Just had to fill the reservoir a bit more of coarse. Now for this pics

Specs:
DD Maze4 Intel P4 CPU Waterblock
Procore from detek
Bay res from detek
EHEIM 1250 317GPH pump
Water wetter
Tubes
Clamps
120mm fan
Bin from target.

I am going to make a site for this set-up also.

Extreme

Water%20block%20dis.JPG

More pics. I am going to only post 2 pics per repley cause they are so big. Sorry about that.

Here is a pic of the overall set-up.

setup1.JPG

My noobish cut holes for the Rad. Still need to work on cleaning of the red you see. I use a marker to mark the hold i need to cut. Also there is going to be a fan there sucking out the air.

rad.JPG

Some more pics.

My N00b skills with the drill really show here for the fan.

fan.JPG

Here is where the tubes come out the back and go threw the case. I know i cut the tubes a little long but it is better then cutting the too short.

back.JPG

Even some more pics.

Here are the tubes coming threw the case. Now that was a pain in the *** to dill out.

threwcase.JPG

A Pic of the block

block.JPG

Thats all the pics for now.

I am going to leave the pump running overnight and check for leaks in the morning. If all is a go. Then the fun begins

nice job with the rad mount, looks better than just sticking the threaded rods thru the core itself. As for the holes, I wouldn't fret about it, you'll find something to either put over it or clean it up a bit.

Jon

You will love the block, i love mine. You cant beat the price/performance ratio IMO. When its all up and runnin lets see some temps:) Right now in @ 40c but Im running a Palmino so it runs alittle hot, but still down from my air cooling @ 50c idle 55c load.
~Peace
Damn beatin by Daedelus typing skills:mad: :D
And is that Popcorn I see on your carpet? But other than that you have very nice carpet:p

nice setup, interesting to see what temps you get.

btw.. yoiu should add 14" monitor beware (large pics) ^.^

nice job with the rad mount

Thanks i took some painting stirring sticks from home depot damn i forgot the exact name but i took 4 since they where for free and mounted the rad and drilled the hold threw the container and the stirring sticks and bolted them together and it worked like a charm. As you can tell a did a ****ty job painting the black.

You will love the block, i love mine. You cant beat the price/performance ratio IMO. When its all up and runnin lets see some temps Right now in @ 40c but Im running a Palmino so it runs alittle hot, but still down from my air cooling @ 50c idle 55c load.

I am sure i will:) I will have it runnin sometime 2marrow for sure.

And is that Popcorn I see on your carpet? But other than that you have very nice carpet

Yep:p brought it home from the movies:)

Btw i have a mojor n00b question since this is my first time at water cooling. Is the block supposed to be coold at all?

Good job InsaneO/Cer!

Might want to get a fan, and shroud on that rad. That would dress up that hole :)

:-| there .. big .. screenshots.. glad you put the 56k warning .. sadly i didn't listen to it

im setting up a wc system too .. but ive no idea how im gonna do it ive got an expencive lain li case i do NOT wanna drill :-|

Back