• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deep Impact HSF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Power Unknown

Registered
first of all has anyone ever seen one, let alone used one?? scanned though about several pages before asking.

http://www.aerocool.com.tw/aerocool-files-v3/cooler/dp101.htm

what do you think of it?

anyways, this is my plan for the hs,

first was to take off that little fan it comes with, the next step is still in design,

i was either planning on using a duct to increase airflow though it. i have an antec case (dragon clone) and was thinking of putting a 120mm blow hole on the top of the case, modding the psu so that the back fan was no more, and putting the 120mm on the top of the psu, and using the bottom one to pull air though the HS, if not replacing it with a 120.
AirFlow: HS => Fan => PSU=> Fan => out of case.
or
just having it be ducted to one of the back 80mm and getting window with a 80mm blow hole for the top of my case, another window for the side and some cold cathode lights.
AirFlow: HS => Fan => out of case

I don't think you want your processor heating up your PSU, you would probably be better off with the second plan.

Yes-having you PSU heated up more wouldnt be a good idea.... In fact, I don't think that heatsink is too efficient, but if you want to try this out, I commend you on it. All for the fun of modding computers. :D

Aside from the fun of modding it, I can't say the HS' design strikes me as very effective. I doubt the heat will spread very far through that center piece, something that will diminish the effectiveness of the higher alu fins.

You could also make a duct for a 'regular' HSF, some of which are known to be very good already...

well i would have to say that the second plan is mostlikely the better of the 2. and from the sounds of it no one has this hsf so it might be worth getting it and doing a miny review on it, the comparison would be with a stock amd hsf. i would of coarse duct the stock fan in about the same manor just to lower the amount of error that can occur.

thanks for your time

I may be mixed up, but don't you need gravity to make a heat pipe work? The gas cools, forms a liquid and precipitates back to the hot area... if the hot area isn't on the bottom of the pipe why should it move?
In an old style PC or in most test beds you'll have proper orientation. In home use you won't...

Back