• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Water Cooling/First Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mmcshmi11

Um hello, my name is Matt. I recently received my White Water coolage block from the United Postal Service. Today was a very sad day for me. After I had everything hooked up (besides my non-existent reservoir), I found out my Eheim 1250 pump was leaking from the Output hole. I have the 1/2" adapter... Anyways, I would greatly, highly, magnificently, mucho love your assistance in aiding my fixability issues. Also, I happen to be kind of confused about the attaching ability of the shroud and fan to my radiator. Please see pictures submerged under my text. I do not talk like this in real life. I am having caffeine issues with Pepsi products. Thanks once again fellow overclocking friends for life.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

P.S. Do not drink the distilled water that has been through the Tygon tubing. It tastes like spider webs....

To get the fan on the shroud, you use those long bolts that came with your shroud, put em through the radiator so they come out of the other side and align with 2 holes in the shroud, then put the shroud on, and then the fan, and bolt it down from both sides using those thumb screws( washers are nice to use too, so now to damage the radiator).

gixxer420 said:
put some teflon tape around the barb on the outlet of the pump.

I am a fan of pipe tape too :)
I also use paste sealant with Teflon but the tape is often the best. And that's what I have on my 1250.

I also used hose clamps on each and every connection to ensure leak-free operation......

Fan and shroud mounting:
I don't have any nice shrouds- mine are all extreme-ghetto :D
I use cable ties mostly.

Do you think itd be easier to put the tape on the 1/2" adapter or just try and stretch the tubing over the 3/8" one that was originally on it?

mmcshmi11 said:
Do you think itd be easier to put the tape on the 1/2" adapter or just try and stretch the tubing over the 3/8" one that was originally on it?

The teflon tape goes on the threads of the barb, not the barb it self. Wrap it around the threads 2 or 3 times and screw the barb back in.

for the shroud, because you are using the aluminum fan, the bolts that came with the shroud will not fit... you need to buy longer bolts or use a standard fan that does not require the bolt goes all the way through

I would suggest the teflon tape for the leaking barb also. Or if you want to make sure that it will never leak again, you could get some of that silicone plumbers goop and put it all over the threads, screw the barb in while it is still wet and let it cure in there. That will keep it leak free.

I bought teflon tape and wrapped it up and it doesn't seem to be leaking anymore. I also screwed the light grey plastic ring that is on the fitting around the tube when it was put on. I'm not sure if you guys will know what I am talking about, but there is another piece that goes on the outlet barb that screws on and doesn't look to have any other importance rather than securing the tubing on. Could you tell me if that is what it is for and if it is safe?

Also, I have gotten all of the air out of the tubing and everything but as I look in it i can see tiny bubbles being sucked through the tubes even after i have let it run awhile. I think the tiny bubbles are coming from the bowl of whatever i currently have the tubes in. Is that normal or not? I have water wetter but have not added it to the water yet because i am just testing it right now, do you believe that will get rid of the bubbles? Thanks very much

I forget... I was also screwed by cooltechnica.com again and they sent me the wrong directions for how to install the white water block for the p4. I was not sure how to do it but I think i may have done it right.... could you look at the pictures above and tell me if everything looks ok?

Back