• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Proper Case Airflow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greek Mofo

Registered
My friend told me that i should have air blowing in through the front out the back. Is this method helpful cuz i havent done it yet.

Yup that's right, because the front fans are usually lower than the ones on the back...and since hot air rises, the front (intake) fans will bring in the coolest air and the back (or exhaust) fans blow the hot air out.

That's generally correct. Some people also put an exhaust fan on the top of their case to remove the warmer air that rises.

One of the best ways of getting cold air to your CPU is to duct it in. My old case used an 80mm blowhole on the side to suck (colder) air directly onto the heatsink, with a 6-7C drop in CPU temp as a reult.

I agree the intakes should be lower than the exhaust due to the heat rising thing, I got 2 90mm intakes and 3 smaller exhaust here, 1 exhaust on the back and 2 on the top. It seems to work pretty good.

Back