• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Xeons cooled by Dtek WhiteWaters?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebby

Registered
I was thinking up various possibilities for water cooling my dual 2.4 xeon setup and I read that the WW was actually out :eek: off course, my impulse was to get them, but then I thought about how the WW, due to its jet inpingement causes the pressure drop in the system, so 2x WW = uber pressure drop? But I figgure with a beefy pump and running the waterblocks in parallel, it might actually work?

any comments or ideas? suggestions on a good pump/pumps that can handle this?

IF I had dual Xeons, I would personally go with 2 MCW5000's and call it a day. Yes the WW is a great block, but for a dual system it would be difficult with all the tubing and the wyes etc.

That was my thought also; any particular reason you would go with the swiftech's over the dtek's?

Nebby said:
That was my thought also; any particular reason you would go with the swiftech's over the dtek's?
Don't Xeons have a special mounting bracket? I know the Swifty's can be had with the special Xeon mounting system. Plus, the MCW5000 is a very good performing block, only about 3.5C behind the WW.

the swiftys do have the xeon mounting system, but I was thinking of making my own mount since i'll be busy with the dremel making everything fit in my case, might as well spend some time crafting a plexi or aluminum hold down plate for the WW or TC-4. I believe the xeons mounting bracket is identical to the socket 423 (IIRC)

Back