• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed Ax4r Where's my CD rom??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

confusionfactor

Registered
I haven't posted here in quite a while...well since I never really got responses the last time I needed help, but figured I'd give it another shot. Well here's the wierd thing going on... (I'm running Windows 2000 with Service pack 3...just to have as reference).

I just got the Aopen Ax4r Plus Motherboard (This thing flies!), and after installing and everything is working fine, I check my explorer to find out my cd rom isn't showing up! It is in the Device Manager, but it wont show up in Windows explorer.

I got it to show up once, but it said zip 250 as the name?!? What the... So Un-hooked my zip drive, and rebooted, and it still wouldn't show up, and the so I went to Device manager, and clicked on update driver, and told it to re-install the driver, and it showed up in explorer...as Zip250, until I put a blank cd in. Once I close explorer, and open it up again, it's gone completely again! :eek:

Anyway, If anyone has any ideas please let me know, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Back