• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK900 & MSI NEO2-LS compatible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lapino

I'm thinking about getting a SLK900 cooler for my PIV 2.6c but I can't find it it's compatible with my mainboard. Can some1 confirm this pls?

As far as I know its compatible with all P4 mobos. Here is what the thermalright website says:

SLK-900-U Socket-478 Motherboard Compatibility Information
SLK-900-U is designed to fit all Intel P4-478 motherboards with or without the stock retention bracket that came with motherboard. So far, we have not found any boards not compatible with SLK-900-U. If you've found any, we would appreciate if you could report them to here.

Thats at the bottom here: http://www.thermalright.com/faq_900_Motherboard.html

like crash said, i emailed them before, and some guy that was rather excited emailed me this:

So far we have not found ANY P4-478 board not compatible with either SLK-900-U or SLK-800-U!!

i'll find out soon enough. the SLK900+80mm PAPST wil be deliverd by wednesday. very curious how it'll stack up against my koolance watercooling :)

lapino said:
i'll find out soon enough. the SLK900+80mm PAPST wil be deliverd by wednesday. very curious how it'll stack up against my koolance watercooling :)

It will fit. My guess is better but louder (unless you have a quite fan then maybe not better)

Back