• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good News for P4PE Owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shade00

Hey guys, I just got my P4PE by UPS from cw823 today. I'm currently testing my 1.8a (got to sell it soon - can't afford to keep it :() on it. One thing that disappointed me about the P4PE was that the FSB selections were limited to 200 - so if I wanted to upgrade to an 800mhz FSB processor, I would be limited to stock speeds. However, Asus released a 1006.003 Beta BIOS three days ago that has FSB selections to 230. I know, it's not the most stunning advance, but it's something. Guys, don't flame and tell me that this is useless - it adds some longevity to a great board. I hope this helps someone out.

the +30 FSB (from 200 - 230) was on bios 1003 (i think)
on bios 1005 has the CPU microcode for "D1 stepping" chips

i did ran a 2.6C on a P4PE last month
and a lot are running "C" chips on the P4PE board
more here

Ahhh, I had no idea. Thanks for the info sangapski. :) I thought I was on to something. Anyway, I was happy to see the extra FSB increments - the board still had the 1002 BIOS on it.

I sold a P4PE to cw823 a while back and it was a smokin' OC'er. I was able tp push my 2.53 upto 3.7 on it...I think it was around 197fsb. I bet your board is the one I sold him....nice to see it's still in the family. Heh!:attn: :attn:

need info for the P4PE

Hi all!

I would like to know if someone here knows if there is holes on this board to attach a white water waterblock...

Thanks!

Back