• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI kt3 ultra - continuous beeping!!!! Help me stop it!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlush

Hey

My msi KT3 ultra beeps 3 times, then gos silent for a few seconds, then beeps 3 times etc etc every time I power on. And every few attempts at fiddling with my ram and stuff, it works. I try reseting the cmos, and sometimes it works, I don't know what I'm doing to make it work, I'm so confused and this computer is ****ing me off!!!!!

Please help or post a link to some help!

Thanks so much

Your mobo may have an alarm that goes off it it doesn't detect a fan attached to the mobo fan header. If you have the fan plugged into the molex or are watercooling then the system will beep. Look in your bios where the PC health status is and see if that feature is enabled or not. good luck!

It kinda sounds like loose ram/not fully inserted. Take it out and put it in a different slot once.

i think ive had (and still do) the same problem with the same board.

Does your board come with the diagnostic led's ? they indicate at what stage the bios is at and hence where its got stuck.

Im sure its the same thing i had, three beeps, then some led's change then they stop and three more beeps then nothing.

Sometimes reseting bios works sometimes not. One time i left it overnight in the reset position.

Why do i think it happens ?
OVERCLOCKING
Im pretty sure that certain multipliers seem to hang more then others and this is when this has happened to me. What to do is write down when you are completely happy that a multi/fsb works then you can always go back to that setting if needed - at first i did it from memory - not a good idea, far too much stress :mad:

if you are not overclocking i'd try removing the cpu clean it and reseat completely - perhaps the hsf positioning is ify ?

Goodluck

I had a problem with some random beeps with mine - a BIOS update shut it up.

Back