• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

chipset cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here ya go:

Crowded.JPG

The last 2 motherboards my roommate has had came with a chipset heatsink and fan already on it. Weird stuff.

60 mm loud mofo, had to put my Zalman on it to keep it quit. I'm seriously thinking of swapping that fan with my GPU Barton Retail HS fan since it could use the extra output more.

No man, what heatsink and fan is on your processor; is what he meant.

60 mm loud mofo, had to put my Zalman on it to keep it quit. I'm seriously thinking of swapping that fan with my GPU Barton Retail HS fan since it could use the extra output more.

Yeah I have a 60mm coolermaster fan on my vidcard, it is spinning at 6,300 right now, but yours looks like a sunon by the blade design, which is different then most, that may be why it is so loud, mine aint to bad.

Last edited:
"really does look like a sunon. possibly a delta. both companies are OEM's for other companies."
It looks just like the 40mm Delta I installed on my TNT2.
I can't hear it, because I have an 80mm Delta in the PSU and a Britney HSF(with an 80mm Sunon) on the CPU.
Note: I'm not going to OC my TNT2, I added the fan because I had another TNT2 burn out when I watched Fear Factor.

It looks like a 40mm because of how thick it is. Believe me, it's the same size as the fan that comes on a retail AMD HS, which is 60mm, except it's maybe 3-4 times the height.

Back