• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another 'would this work?' thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

Watersystem.jpg

I have a pretty tight fitting case so I wanted to put as much outside as i could but I am thinking the pump might not rech te radiator with decent pressure. any thoughts?

Well if your going pump->rad->res->CPU->GPU->pump in i dont think it would work cause of the lack of water pressure coming out of the Res. I would go Pump out->rad->CPU->GPU->res->pump in...rinse and repeat:p

That sounds like sense to me. Ill try and work out how to set that up. Has anyone here watercooled a dual CPU system?

LOL.....funny if pic was to scale.

If you have a small case why not go all external i'm trying to do that at the moment, with 2 heatercores i got for £10. From your pic all stuff is outside but the res anyway so why not build any external box for it all, can help when moving the pc about too.

Dual cpu machine? haven't done it personally but the searching should bring something up as i've definately seen some dual cooled rigs. Why do you ask?

Im thinking of getting one so theres no point in building up a WC setuo that I wont use for more than a couple weeks anyway. Also I hear that duals get pretty hot because of the 2 CPU in one case factor so I wan to ge hemm at a decent temp before I start tweaking them. Im pretty excited actually, I will be able to fold constantly at the same time as gaming or editing vids and stuff. I will be a Treat. If I can find a mobo :p

Even if you build a WC setup it won't be a waste as it doesn't take much to expand it for a second CPU although having to empty the system to add new block will be a real pain thats why i'm thinking of using quick connects in my new setup.
Duals will get warm you're right and this is where the classic parallel or serial argument comes up too.
Mobo? i'm sure somewhere must sell one ebuyer might have some.
Good luck dude.

Bigdogbmx said:

It is to scale, thats a Bopteron, the new mac daddy of CPUs, only made in Leeds in England but they are 128bit, like a Dreamcast
;-P

I live near leeds i might be able to pick one up at the market

Watercooling a dual CPU system is definately possible and works quite well. Look in my sig for confirmation. I would say that your setup would work just fine depending on where you're placing the fan on your radiator. If it's going to be drawing air from inside the case cool the rad. then you might get higher temps than what you want but otherwise unless that case is 5 feet tall you should be just fine with something like an eheim 1060. PM me if you want more info on dual watercooled systems.

In my main Rig i have a "Y" split to the GPU 3/8 and CPU 1/2

ummm hows and i show this better ?
(the pump in inside the Res)

Res Pump -1/2 pipe - Y - 1/2 pipe - CPU - 1/2 pipe - Res
.......................................3/8 pipe - GPU - 3/8 pipe - Res

this is so more water flows to the CPU
Borgy

Back