• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X v1.04 - Proper way to save bios settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ren

Registered
I killed my A7N8X-DX last night. I dropped the FSB down to 190 from 195, went to save, then save and exit. No boot after that. Fans come on, as does power LED, but no beeps.

I tried clearing cmos as per instructions in manual, tried a minimal config boot, cycled power 20+ times, removed battery for an hour, tried a new battery, danced naked around case to please the mobo gods... no luck, damn board refused to post. :(

I got it to boot after hot flashing the bios chip with another Asus board. :D

Now my only concern is how to save changes in the bios without fuxxoring the bios chip. Is there a certain way one is supposed to do it, or is it all just a crapshoot? :mad:

I wished I knew the answer. I also had to hotflash to recover my dead board. It is a design flaw with rev 1 boards. The only sure way not to have it happen is to set the bios and leave it alone or have a extra bios chip handy.

Back