• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S will post but thats about it please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dnycompbuilder

Registered
hey i just got an nf7-s it was running fine till i took it up to 205 fsb now it will post and give me the error "ntldr missing press CTRL ALT DEL to restart, so i tried booting from the CD rom and reinstalling windows only it wouldnt let me it kept giving me the NTLDR error before it could, so i flashed cmos and it didnt help, so then i tried flashing the bios and it gives me "non system disk error. So i cant flash the bios, does anyone have any idea what is wrong in this scenario?

Try clearing CMOS, then formatting the hard drive before reinstalling windows. Do a clean install of windows on a freshly formatted hard drive. Also make sure all your bios settings are set at a non overclocked state when you reinstall windows.

Good Luck!

Lvcoyote

i tried that allready, i cant get it too boot to cdrom so i can load windows, i allready tried formatting the drive 2wice didnt help, still get the same error when i boot, i think a clean install might fix it if i could do it, i tried a single different hd and the same one and it boots super slow and gets to the same point after post then gives me please insert system disk.....so i have no solution still anyone else have IDs or should i just give the board the axe and RMA it?

1)Power off computer

2)Clear CMOS, (read ABIT manual or go to their webpage to find correct procedure).

3)Power up, re-load BIOS defaults

4)Set CDROM as first device in boot sequence

5)Make sure no disk is in A:/ drive

6)Re-Boot with Windows disk in CD drive

You are getting the NTLDR missing message because Windows startup file is damaged, and machine is trying to boot from Windows, NOT THE CDROM

After you get Windows running again I would suggest making a floppy boot disk in case this comes up again when overclocking.

:cool:

allright guys i know ur intelligent read my post please, i allready tried what ur telling me and no matter what i cant get it to go to my cdrom before i get that error even after clearing cmos and formatting, i also tried a different HD and it had a different problem read the above post too see it, then tried the other HD that gives me the ntldr error and it does the same thing alone as the other HD did alone.....now does anyone have a new suggestion?

Did you hit any key within about five seconds when the boot from CD-ROM message came up? If you don't hit any key, the system will defer to the hard drive again.

I'm not trying to insult anyones intelligence but this hasn't been mentioned yet.

Excellent point Audio.....sometimes the smallest things are taken for granted.

Lvcoyote

One question I didn't ask in the earlier thread about this, what happens when you have no IDE drives connected to the motherboard.
It should POST, and then ask for a system disc. Is this what happens?

just tried that give me the same error as when i try and run 1 hard drive, which is "disk error insert system disk and press enter"

WESTERN DIGITAL PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i unplugged all my western digital HDS and plugged in a quantum and bam son of a ***** booted right up, so obviously this is an error with western digital drives? What should i do RMA or should i flash my bios with the quantum plugged in then reinstall my western digitals?

WD's are touchy about jumper settings. If you have one drive, you have to set it as a single. If you set it as master, and there is no slave drive, it won't boot.
I have found that if it is set to single, you can add a slave drive without changing the jumper settings.

Man i just wanted to thank you deeply appreciative of all the help, u were right i set my 80 gig to no jumper and it booted up fine and is installing windows right now, now just out of curiosity what would happen if i set that 30 gig to slave will that F my whole world up or will i be able to use that drive despite the error it constantly receives?

Back