• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New rig (piccies)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MikeTimbers

Some new pics of my new rig. This is a K7S5A with the wire-trick to get me 16.5x133 for my 2100B at 1.85v.

The heatercore/shroud/fan

heatercoreshroudside.jpg

The case from the front.

heatercoreincasefront.jpg

The whole shebang

rig2a.jpg

Little River White Water #095
Vauxhall Nova (UK Chevette) Heatercore, homemade aluminium shroud
Evercool Aluminium 120mm fan
Eheim 1250
2100B AIUHB 0302 at 2208
ECS K7S5A

Looks really nice. One question I have is why you took the front thing off of your Eheim 1250. I left mine on assuming that you are supposed to. Did you do it to save some space?

Eheim was bought second-hand and came like that.
Fan is sucking air from outside. Case is quite short front-to-back and there isn't really room for a push-shroud-rad-shroud-pull combo

Well then, it would probably still help you to re-orient then fan to be pulling air from outside the case and blowing it through the heatercore.

frodo is correct, well for the most part, there has been a little debate to weather blowing or sucking is better for cooling, but the noise and the amount of air is better. You gotta be the first other person I have seen with a copper T, They are by far the best T ever, They restrict zero flow.

Your system does look very nice, and yeah, Your case looks very short. I was sitting here looking at it and wondering why the cpu is so far forward, Then I finally figured that one out:p I built 3 computers with that motherboard too!

lookin good,
Jon

Back