• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which fans should suck and which should blow(lol)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

i ahve 3 case fans(yea, i know i need more) 2 in the rear(on sucking one blowing) and another on the side (blowing) is that the best config or any suggestions...also i plan on getting 2 more fas so what should i do with them?(2 fan mounts in the front of the case where they will be mounted but i need to know if the should suck or blow..)

sucking-sucking air out
blowing-blowing air in

The side should blow and the rear should suck. When you get the fans in the front they should also be blowing.

A better description of the direction the fans move air would be, 'intake' and 'exhaust'.
Because 'blow' and 'suck' are relative terms.

-TheComputerGuy23

the two in the back should be "exhausting, sucking, get air out" whatever you wanna call it, they should not be facing opposite directions. usually the front one should be blowing air in.

You also might need to mod your case a bit in the front to get good intake airflow.

If your case can, put one of the rear exhaust fans in the front as an intake. Then you'll have 2 intakes and 1 exhaust (+1 from your ps).

When you have negative airflow in your case, it will suck air in from every available crevice and allow dust to clog them.

-Bobby

i am used to it loud, fan in window is loud, AC right below window is loud, traffic goin 60 by my house is loud so that will just add to the dullness that lulls me to sleep everynight lol

AFIsoldier said:
i am used to it loud, fan in window is loud, AC right below window is loud, traffic goin 60 by my house is loud so that will just add to the dullness that lulls me to sleep everynight lol

I just noticed this.

Run a bit of cheap ducting from the A/C to the side of your computer. If its hot enough to need extra cooling you'll need the A/c on 4 u anyway.

Uber cooling.

i have been thinking about taking the dual fan i have over my A/c vent and duct one of the fans to a quad fan blowhole i could put in the side of the case..

Back