• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Copper fan shrouds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mw521

I just made a few of these, they fit a Chevette heater core, 6x6 inches. Just testin the water here to see if there is any interest in them. I was thinkin about takin a few orders for em if there is enough interest in them. I dont wanna get in major production but I picked up a large sheet of copper at a good price and hate to waste it. Havent decided on a price but it wouldnt be over expensive, thinkin bout 2 prices, one for polished and one unpolished. I got the process down pretty well and can whip em out in about an hour or less. This one hasnt had hole cut yet but you get the general idea, I will put up another pic later. Or, if ya wanna make your own I will show ya how, its pretty simple. What ya think?
http://prod.bsis.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/86/86294/folders/74034/597902shroud.jpg
I deleted that pic, look on down and there are some more pics.

Last edited:
Those look SUPER nice! I may want 4 polished! My current project box is using 2 HC's in parallel. PM me. And yes the mods may feel any discussion of selling/pricing may need to be conducted in the classy's.

Im not lookin to sell em that bad, just an offer, Warrior you got one coming already, I told ya, just send me postage. I thought they came out pretty nice and just wanted to share em wit ya!

I think they look great, man: nice job!

I definitely need to upgrade my shrouds.......I've been using cardboard and tupperware for far too long ;)

PM on its way too

Geez, had a lot of response to these things. Here is a link on how to make them. I used copper though and soldered the joints in corners. Polished them with a buffer wheel on a bench grinder using buffing compound made for a buffer wheel. It comes in a stick and you just apply it to pad. It was actually he easiest part. I just liked the look of the copper when polished up over galvanized or sheet metal. You could use brass but it is more expensive than copper. I picked up this at a local sheet metal shop. I think the same thing could be found at a roofing supply that supplies copper roofing material, I never got around to checking since I found a good source. This link is basically all ya need to do but I didnt drill hole for fan till it was finished. Mark the center of sheet and leave you a mark on it to center hole for fan. They are basically the same as in link and it will give you the basics. Just different materials and a little different setup for making them.
http://overclockers.com/tips1022/
Whoops had to edit that, double pasted it, hehhe

Back