• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ebay ad for complete system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would recommend not bidding till the last few minutes of the auction. No point in raising the price now. I have bought many things on ebay and found that waiting till the last few minutes is the best strategy to get what you want for the best price.

Hmmmmm. Pump and two socket 370 blocks that use the socket lugs.....
I can use that :)

I did just bump it a quarter to see what's going on in the auction....high bidder at $1.25, lol :D

I could use the blocks and pump, but if someone in more dire need is looking I won't bother, of course. The duallie can wait for water ;)

Edit- actually, the Maze 1's won't be TOO bad, although not up to snuff for modern cpus.
The pump is a good one.
I know zip about GPU/NB blocks, but if they hold water they should do something, right? :D

The radiator however....MUST GO!!!!
If somebody does get this, pick up a heater core- you'll be glad you did. And upgrade the tubing to 1/2" too.

The problem with bidding like that is most people will cancel the auction in the last seconds if the bid is not enough. It happed to me all the time when I bod on .99 cent complete PCs. They can be reported but whats the point, why waste the time on some idiot. I'd say bid now and set your price for the max you will pay then check back towards the end of the auction. Waiting helps final prices but it makes no difference unless its the last day.

Also keep in mind that every part of that set is old, very old in most cases, in my opinion that means the pump is old and used along with all the other parts. I wouldn't even bother unless you can buy it for 25.00 or so, half that stuff you can't even buy anymore it's so old.

its $90 US now, getting a bit high. Once one person bids it starts going up like heck.

I stayed in quite a while, actually :)

The pump and two socket 370 blocks are worth a bit to me since I have a Dual P3 that isn't watercooled yet.......
But once it got to the $100 point (including $15 for shipping) I thought it was no longer worth it.

In my case-
pump= $50 or so
rad= $22
tubing= I buy 20' rolls of copper at a time anyway
2 socket 370 blocks= ?

And all I would have used from the kit was the cpu blocks and pump. I think I can do better for the dough.

Yea, have you looked into the damaged stuff from dtek? I got a radiator from them that way and it was damaged very little. Often they sell scratched blocks that just need a good lapping, they tell you the condition and all that when ordering also. It's not a bad deal if you want decent stuff for cheap.

Hmmmmmm. Nope- never even saw that DTek sold the damaged stuff. Time to check things out (and maybe we should quit this thread jack too, even if the auction is over ;))

Back