• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Stock w/o TIM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ffats

I was wondering if anyone has found anything that can conclusively prove lower temps when it comes to replacing the stock thermal pad with some other TIM, specifically AS3, or maybe some Shin-Etsu?

(I hate this damned ThermalTake P4 Dragon.... Don't ever get it)

I always remove all thermal tape before I run any current through my rigs. One of the guys at speedguide said he saw a marginal difference between the tape and AS3. Even 1C is reason enough to to get rid of it to me. I'm going to try some of that Nanotherm PCM+ on mine.

Yeah, my HSF came with pink TIM on it, I used it for 7months or so, after that I replaced it (like 2months ago) with some cheap coolermaster High performance compound, it dropped my temps 5°C. Those pads just dont fill the crevices(sp?) well at all.

Wow, Intel clearly rules the roost when it comes to making sure your processor doesn't suffer from overheating (with Shin-Etsu!?)

Back