• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard to CPU temp difference

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

Can anyone say roughly what the difference between the motherboard and CPU temps should be? I know that my in socket thermistor doesnt read accurate so I heard the best way to use them is by relation to case temps, ,which I guess is the same as mobo temp.

your mobo temp is reflective of your case temp. that is to say the air temperature in your case. this reading should be the same as the ambient air in your room or maybe even lower if you have really good airflow.

your CPU temperature should be as close to the ambient temp as possible.

in my case i have an slk 800 with a 40CFM sunon on it and a stealth 120mm fan on the side panel above it. at idle my CPU temp is 3-4C above my case temp which is equal to ambient. at full load my CPU is 7-9C higher than ambient/case temperature.

if your CPU temp is alot higher than your case temp and you have good airflow through the case than your prolly running a bit hot.

emericanchaos said:
your mobo temp is reflective of your case temp. that is to say the air temperature in your case. this reading should be the same as the ambient air in your room or maybe even lower if you have really good airflow.

your CPU temperature should be as close to the ambient temp as possible.

in my case i have an slk 800 with a 40CFM sunon on it and a stealth 120mm fan on the side panel above it. at idle my CPU temp is 3-4C above my case temp which is equal to ambient. at full load my CPU is 7-9C higher than ambient/case temperature.

if your CPU temp is alot higher than your case temp and you have good airflow through the case than your prolly running a bit hot.

Geez my CPU temp is 18degrees above my case temps!! From what I've been reading i have to blame it on my board...Abit IS7

I bought an Zalman 7000 reworked my case fans and nothing works :( :( :( :( :mad:

Back