• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

458 cfm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

countermods

Disabled
ok i have 458 cfms as intake and like 80-90 cfm outtake and my windows is coming of my case and ideas on what i could use to hols it on i tried a 5 min epoxy let it sit overnight before putting it back on my case i tried super glue and they worked but only for a few days any new suggestions

2 of the fans are modded 92 mm tornado fans i took out there motors and replaced them with 2 motors for rc cars the fans now blown 199 to 208 cfm each they are loud but i took some sand paper to the edge of of the fan blades and it quieted them down alot

countermods said:
2 of the fans are modded 92 mm tornado fans i took out there motors and replaced them with 2 motors for rc cars the fans now blown 199 to 208 cfm each they are loud but i took some sand paper to the edge of of the fan blades and it quieted them down alot

How do you know they are blowing that much Air?
do you have a tool to messure it?
-L_P

Is your window rattling out of place or too much case pressure just pushing the window out? Doesn't it have a gasket to keep it in?

yea we had a tool @ schoo to measure the cfm of the fans and no thers no gasket to keep it in and there is to much pressure inside my case it puching it out little bye little

well then switch them to one intake and one exhaust. that amount of air is overkill for air cooling as it can only be so efficient. i'd say more than 90CFM on a heatsink is overkill as a tornado (84CFM) is as good as water cooling. i don't see how you could transfer much more heat using air as your vehicle.

Well I like the idea of the fan mod. You should write up and article on how you did that. I do think that that is overkill. Maybe you could mod another tornado and put that in the door or somewhere else as another exhaust fan.

Thank You,
Daniel

Well, personally with those fans considering the size and output it would be better to have them "spot cool" a large area of the motherboard like half blowing on the videocard and heatsink and then another blowing on another warm area. Make sure you have alot of venting as that will help alot. Also be carefull as to exactly how strong the blades are on the fan. The fin blades may break off and fly possibly if they get out of balance.

You say that those modded "Super Fans" are intake- one on the heatsink and one on th video card? I am guessing that they are ducted from outside the case then, right?

458cfm intake is definitely well past the point of limited returns....but it probably does improve things a bit...at least for those points where it is concentrated. For other areas of the case it is almost certain to make things worse however: close to balanced airflow works best and you have at least 300 cfm going in that is NOT being exhausted.

If you are going to use those fans as they are, make at least one more, maybe two :D

That is another exhaust fan for you.

Rather than trying to secure your window better I would definitely work on improving your cooling scheme- 450 to 90 is WAY out of whack, amigo, and overall is not going to do any better for the system than 200 in and 150 out.

I've actually thought about doing this mod myself but i cant possibly imagine how loud that would be....

prolly like tornado times 3 or so per each modded tornado. lol

i think just a couple holes in the window will do wonders, or if you don't want them on the window maybe in the back, or the side, or the top. i mean as long as there is an area for air to get out, the pressure will drop alot.

off-topic

how di d you sand down the edges of the fans?

could you give a little more info?

well what i'm thinking is if these are pointing at the board and away from the window and the window's STILL popping out than the blast of air must be hitting the motherboard with tremendous force. prolly enough to do some damage or at the least flex the board some.

just take some fine grit damd paper and sanf the edges of your fan blades it will help quiet them down a bit

Back